Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finally Updating the Blog

(Emma's modest bath pic, I guess Matt and I have never been a nude baby picture fan, so I have thus invented the modest bath baby pic)

So it has been almost 2 months since I last updated the blog and I apologize to all of you who were looking forward to me constantly posting. That was the hope, but of course plans are always changing.
So soon after getting to Arizona and starting my blog, Brian (Ecofirst regional manager) told me that he was in need of a personal assistant, and that if my sister was still in need of a job that he would hire her. Well since Natasha was in Oregon and still in school until the beginning of June, I jumped on the job knowing that if I took over the job for a month that Natasha would take over from there. I mean how hard could it be to be a personal assistant, right?
Wrong! Wow, talk about it being hard to work with a newborn baby. I ended up not only becoming Brian's personal assistant but 2 other boy's assistant's as well. Honestly it felt more like I was being their mother than a personal assistant what with me making their meals every day. Can I just say that those three boys can eat as much as my family of 8 did!
Luckily even though I did work a lot, I also managed to still get pictures of Emma to share with everyone. Boy is she cute!


(I'm not sure if you can see it, but there is a lightning bolt shape on her head!)
(Being a mom with a job that required me to make dinner for 3-4 hours each day I needed something to put Emma in that would help her sleep. She tend to wake up every few minutes, so thanks to this swing with music that plugs into the wall, she usually sleeps through the dinner process which certainly makes me and her both a lot happier.)
(Lately Emma has come to find that she has hands, and not only just hands but tasty hands. She loves to suck on them, but one day Natasha and I noticed that she was sucking so hard on her hands that they were getting swollen and one finger even had a sore on it! So lately we have thus began to use these little mittens to keep her hands safe and out of her mouth.)
(A bit lower in the many pictures is a longer version of this chain. At the beginning of the summer we made a chain to count down the days of selling and can you believe that we only have 5 weeks left and the green days are vacation days!!!!)

(This picture is one of my favorites because not only am I so happy to have my sister down here, but how can you not smile when you see Natasha and Emma cuddling together! So precious!)
(Natasha and I found these bows at Walmart. Too many people thought she was a boy...so I had to take matters into my own hands. As for the outfit, Natasha and I found a lot of cute clothes at the DI here in Mesa, AZ.)
(Here is our first little family photo! Matt looks beat up and I look well... pretty pale, but just focus on how cute Emma is =])


(I swear she could be a baby model, her sweet smile melts my heart!)

(Needless to say Matt had a fight with the bottom of the pool, as Dave Bean would say, if you think Matt got it bad, you should look at the pool. Matt ended up getting 6 stitches.
(I guess after looking at what I dress Emma in, it might make sense that people think she is a boy, but I swear those stripes are pink!)
(This picture is another one of my favorites! This is Emma's luke skywalker pose...if you will notice, she is missing one hand.



(The many faces of Emma)
(The start of her hand sucking days)
(This picture is my absolute favorite, there is nothing more heart warming then seeing your husband and baby all cuddled up together! It may look like Emma is uncomfortable, but she laid there for a while not making a sound, and trust me she lets you know when she doesn't like something.)
(This is what my house became once I started making food for 4 boys everyday...yeah I had to go shopping 2 times a week just to keep up.)
(Here is the infamous chain as mentioned above with many weeks left of selling)




(The picture of me above and Emma with the towels displays one of our first days here in Arizona. The temp was about 80 but already we were both burning up as we walked 2 miles in the hot sun...wow now the temp is about 115, and boy am I starting to miss the 80 degree weather!)
(Matt and I visited the Mesa, AZ temple. It is absolutely stunning inside and out!
(The end for now! =])

2 comments:

  1. YAY! A POST!

    And how could ANYONE think my Emma-roo looks like a boy? Also, Natasha's glasses in that pic? Cuh-lass-sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! I'm glad you started a blog. Where do you go after Arizona?

    ReplyDelete